Dave Palumbo introduced the bodybuilding world to keto way before it was a fad. His findings on macro balancing and nutrient absorption have challenged the paradigm around the bodybuilder diet. Ben and Dave discuss how Dave stumbled upon the ketogenic diet, how he is trying to change the thought process behind diet in the bodybuilding world, cheat days and their thoughts on the current state of bodybuilding as well as who the next big names could be in the sport.
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic Mushrooms. Upgrade your brain and perform at your optimum level by supplementing mushrooms into your regiment. Use code Muscle at check out for 15% off your order or go to FourSigmatic.com/Muscle.
3:15- How Dave accidentally found the ketogenic diet and started using it in bodybuilding.
8:45- Why the “bodybuilding diet” isn’t the best diet for bodybuilders.
11:00- How Dave became one of the biggest dudes on the planet. Why you should put more focus into food absorption not more food.
13:30- Dave’s findings on the ketogenic diet and getting shredded.
17:45- Is it optimal to build muscle on keto?
19:00- Carbs and cortisol. Which moves the needle more, food or sleep?
23:30- How Dave manipulates his clients diets.
27:20- Dave’s muscle gaining diet.
29:00- Simplicity in diet. Why Dave is all about simplifying diet.
32:00- How long is necessary to get into ketosis. Are there any “shortcuts” to speed up the process?
37:45- Pulling the fat lever. How Dave approaches changing fat intake during contest prep.
39:50- Prescribed cheat days. Are refeeding days necessary or just a reward.
42:00- Post bodybuilding evolution- how Dave’s life has changed since he stopped competing.
48:45- The mentality behind being a giant human.
52:30- Dave’s strategy for losing pounds of muscle and getting healthy post career.
54:45- What does Dave think of the sport of bodybuilding these days.
http://www.mi40nation.com – The worlds best muscle building videos and knowledge to take control of every aspect of your body, check out the MI40Nation: http://www.mi40nation.com
http://tinyurl.com/MI40University – click to enroll (FREE) and get a FULL list of ALL the other #MI40University muscle building videos. If you are looking for bodybuilding guidance, videos, workouts, the proper training split to build muscle, see how IFBB PRO Ben Pakulski builds big muscle through the best online program here http://www.mi40nation.com – For Students Of IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski. Where Savvy Men and Women Come To Build Muscle FAST – www.mi40nation.com
Don’t miss any Ben Pakulski workout or Ben Pakulski training tips by subscribing to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BenPakIFBB
And “LIKING” the fanpage here: https://www.facebook.com/IFBBbenpakFANPage
Here are 5 ways I’m helping 100,000+ people build a body they love right now and how I can immediately help you:
1. Mi40 Foundation – 4X gains for 40 days. Over 100,000 copies sold and once the nr. 1 training program on the Internet – no joke. Start here if you are new to Intelligent training.
2. Mi40 Xtreme v2.0 – The best workout of your life. University-backed protocol adds 13lbs more muscle over “mainstream” training. Proven with real life results.
Learn more: https://www.mi40x.com/#learn-more
Study 1: https://www.instagram.com/p/Br5M7aFFitd/
Study 2: https://www.mi40x.com/Mi40-Xtreme-Increases-Lean-Body-Mass,-Muscle-Hypertrophy,-Power-and-Strength-in-Resistance-Trained-Athletes.pdf
Real life results: https://www.mi40x.com/#real-results
3. The Incredible Bulk – My personal training and nutrition protocol for gaining muscle all year long without getting fat. Used by my clients to add up to 14 lbs of new muscle in 4 weeks, or even 30lbs in 12 weeks.
4. (NEW) Hypertrophy Execution Mastery – The first and only online masterclass showing you how to train for YOUR body mechanics (rather than against it). Avoid pains and injuries. Fix lagging muscles. 1000+ customers, 100+ testimonials. Free 4-month trial of Mi40 Nation worth $228 included.
How to choose exercises for you:
5. Mi40 Nation – the all-inclusive membership for those who #demandexcellence.
Join 40,000+ members who are taking a holistic approach to building a body they love.
Have a Mi40 story to share?
Transformations, big and small. Inside and out. I want to know all about how Mi40 has impacted your life.
Email email@example.com with all the saucy details, plot twists, numbers, and photos.
By sending us your Mi40 stories, you agree to help us promote the Muscle Intelligence movement.
And to let us use your stories publicly to show the world how we #demandexcellence.